EASAV Membership Information
7/19/2017 5:40:03 PM
The Edmonton Association of Small Animal Veterinarians (EASAV)
Established in 1971, the Edmonton Association of Small Animal Veterinarians (EASAV) is a non-for-profit organization whose mandate is to provide local continuing education for all members of the veterinary team and to promote collegiality amongst Edmonton and area veterinarians. The association, made up of local volunteer veterinarians, currently has greater than 180 member veterinarians and has a public membership list (RVTs, non-member vets and others) of more than 600. We offer member rates to our seminars for members of the Calgary Academy of Veterinary Medicine as well as RVTs (for full day seminars only).
By becoming a member of the Edmonton Association of Small Animal Veterinarians, you are collaborating with other local veterinarians to bring the following programs and opportunities to our fabulous city and working together to make Edmonton a vibrant place for Veterinarians to work!
Dr. Milton Ness Memorial Teddy Bear Hospital - an annual volunteer event held at the Edmonton Valley Zoo for children who are patients of the Stollery
An Annual BBQ for veterinarians, their staff and famlies
Excellent quality, local CE for veterinarians, RVTs and support staff
Quarterly newsletters sent by email and fax to all website users and clinics in the Edmonton area.
Emails/faxes from veterinary industry collaborators for fundraising and for volunteer opportunities, social events, research opportunities, etc.
Financial and/or Communicative Support for the following charities/institutions: Wildlife Rehabilitation Society of Edmonton, Tails of Help, Alberta Helping Animals Society, Scholarships for students in the Animal Health Program at NAIT & Agriculture Program at University of Alberta, Edmonton Humane Society, Animal Care and Control Centre, etc.
In addition to these community supports, EASAV members are also entitled to the following privileges:
If you would like to support these initiatives become a member, please follow these steps:
- Voting rights on the association
- FREE attendance to the EASAV AGM, which includes a short CE Seminar, dinner and social event
- FREE organization and attendance to local clinic Open Houses - if you would like to host an Open House, please contact Smokey.
- FREE attendance to our evening Continuing Education Events and discounted rates to all weekend seminars
- Early registration and discounted pricing for EASAV Wet-labs
- The right to a listing for your clinic, clinic services and employees (excluding non-member veterinarians) in the EASAV online directory
- Member rates for continuing education offered by the Calgary Academy of Veterinary Medicine
- Access to paid-members only past seminar notes and private online forum discussions
- Access to EASAV's Projector for any work related meetings - ask Smokey for details.
- Opportunity to serve on EASAV's Executive Team as a volunteer director
- Exclusive invitations to attend informal dinners with local and visiting specialists - numbers are limited.
- Free organization of special dinners for members (i.e. retirement party planning)
Please note: only registered members of the Alberta Veterinary Medical Association qualify for membership with EASAV.
- sign up (online payment is optional) using our website (sign up button is located at top right corner)
- Please use your personal email address, not your work address.
- download the 2017 Membership Application Form
- email a copy to: email@example.com or
- fax to (780)757-7865 or
- mail a copy along with a cheque made out to EASAV for $130 to: EASAV, Box, 31029 Namao Centre, Edmonton AB T5Z 1X9
STOP! Are you a newly registered veterinarian with the AbVMA? If so, you qualify for a complimentary membership for the remainder of our membership year!
Please follow the steps listed above and indicate on the application form or email that you are newly registered with AbVMA.
Don't forget to sign up to use the website!
RVTS and other veterinary support staff:
although you do not qualify for membershp with EASAV, you can still sign up to use our website and receive CE notices! You also receive member rates on full day CE seminars & invitations to participate in some of our volunteer and social events.
If you have any questions about EASAV, please contact our Executive Assistant:
Executive Assistant, Edmonton Association of Small Animal Veterinarians