EASAV Membership Information
12/28/2016 6:42:08 PM
The Edmonton Association of Small Animal Veterinarians (EASAV)
Established in 1971, the Edmonton Association of Small Animal Veterinarians (EASAV) is a non-for-profit organization whose mandate is to provide local continuing education for all members of the veterinary team and to promote collegiality amongst Edmonton and area veterinarians. The association, made up of local volunteer veterinarians, currently has greater than 220 member veterinarians and has a public membership list (AHTs, non-member vets and others) of more than 400. We offer member rates to our seminars for members of the Calgary Academy of Veterinary Medicine as well as AHTs (for full day seminars only).
EASAV hosts approximately eight seminars per year, bringing in highly respected speakers from all over North America. In 2010, we introduced a new initiative to continue fostering good relations between veterinarians by co-hosting Open Houses with varying clinics throughout the city. At these events, veterinarians are able to share ideas on all areas of practicing veterinary medicine with each other in a social setting. The annual BBQ at the Edmonton Valley Zoo is another very popular social event that has been going strong for 11 years now. Here, members and their families are invited for a relaxing and fun evening BBQ at the zoo.
Seminar topics are chosen each year by the EASAV volunteer Continuing Education (CE) Committee; topics and speakers are based in part upon suggestions from our attendants throughout each year. Your feedback/CE suggestions on membership renewal forms and seminar evaluation forms is most appreciated.
Our members include veterinarians from Edmonton and the surrounding area. We believe that strong relationships in the veterinary community help us all to achieve personal and professional success in our careers as veterinarians.
Summary of Membership Benefits:
· Exclusive website features including: online member, clinic and services directory and a secure member chat board.
· An invitation to the EASAV AGM in March. All members are welcome to attend a complimentary dinner & CE.
· Choosing renowned experts to give lectures/labs on topics that interest you
· Member rates on both Edmonton (EASAV) and Calgary (CAVM) Continuing Education seminars.
· Keeping current on local veterinary issues with EASAV’s quarterly newsletter
· Networking amongst veterinarians from 70+ practices in Edmonton and area.
· Invitations to attend or host an Open House, where members can socialize & take a tour of the host clinic!
· Being part of a veterinary community of more than 400 members.
· Free admission for you and your family to our Annual BBQ.
· New in 2017! Invitations to attend small dinner parties with local and national/international speakers.
· Local Continuing Education opportunities for AHTs and other clinic personnel on a variety of topics. Our evening seminars are free
to EASAV veterinary members!
Please note: only registered members of the Alberta Veterinary Medical Association qualify for membership with EASAV.
AHTs/RVTS and other veterinary support staff:
although you do not qualify for membershp with EASAV, you can still sign up to use our website and receive CE notices. You also receive member rates on full day CE seminars and some evening seminars.
If you are an AbVMA-registered veterinarian and would like to become a member of EASAV,
please download the membership renewal form and email it to the Executive Assistant, Smokey, today. Then sign up to use the website - it is recommended that all members sign up to use the website so that you will receive email notices of upcoming CE and events. Please use your personal email address, in the event you change places of employment down the road.
Download the 2017 Membership Renewal/Application Form here.
Sign up to become a member on our website